Join Local Republican Committee
It’s a new year and time to make a difference. Start 2024 with a New Year’s resolution to help create lasting change and join the Fairhaven Republican Town Committee. Our Committee slogan: “A republic, if you can keep it,” was Benjamin Franklin’s response in 1787 to the question: “Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?”
Our Committee encourages civic participation. We believe we are called to serve and participate as Americans. We exercise our Constitutional rights, most especially the five guaranteed in the first amendment, by our individual faith, by making our voices heard, by our peaceable assembly and by our petitions. The Fairhaven Republican Town Committee provides leadership by example: actively participating in Fairhaven’s government, showing personal responsibility by voting, campaigning for important issues, serving as candidates for office or, supporting those with the courage to do so.
Our Committee achievements in 2023 demonstrated our Republican values in action.
• Committee member Daniel Lopes was elected to Board of Public works in the 2023 Fairhaven Town election
• Committee members John Pond continues his service on the Sustainability Committee, and Kim Hyland on the Board of Registrars
• Shared and promoted our Committee’s efforts and conservative values and through local news outlets and attending area events
• Made significant contributions to the ballot initiatives signature gathering for Voter ID and Legislative Audit ballot questions
• Assisted in establishing new Town and Ward Committees in our district. New Bedford Ward 3 has filed a Statement of Organization.
• Created unity across the Southcoast district by promoting and attending local Republican Town Committee meetings and events. Wonderful new associations and sincere friendships have developed within the RTC communities of Westport, Fall River, Dartmouth, New Bedford, Fairhaven, Mattapoisett, Marion, and Rochester
• Hosted a summer Campaign “Kick-Off” and nomination signature collecting event for the Second Bristol and Plymouth District State Committee Man and Woman elections in March 2024
Please consider joining us. You are not alone.
Let’s create change…together.
Cheers, Bob McConnell, Fairhaven RTC Chair
Click here to download the 2/1/24 issue: 02-01-24 UnionWharf
Support local journalism, donate to the Neighb News with PayPal