The Acushnet Historical Commission, a town board, is looking for pictures of the old Perry Hill School that once stood at the corner of Perry Hill Road and Mendall Road.
The school was originally built in 1814, then rebuilt in 1844. Then it was disassembled and the wood was used to build the American Legion Hall on Hope Street.
The Historical Commission has been searching high and low for a photo of the old school buildings. If anyone has one in their possession, or has a lead on where there may be one, contact Pauline Teixeira through Town Hall at 508-998-0200.
Click here to download the entire 5/19/22 issue: 05-19-22 USPS FoodDrive
Support local journalism, donate to the Neighb News with PayPal