The Massachusetts Department of Transportation announced that Padanaram Causeway in Dartmouth will be closed for reconstruction beginning on Mon., 8/1
The reconstruction work includes roadway, drainage, structural, pedestrian, and lighting improvements along Gulf Road, from the eastern edge of Apponagansett Park to the Padanaram Bridge and on Smith Neck Road, from Gulf Road, (southerly approximately 400 feet). This project does not include the swing bridge portion of Gulf Road.
A permanent detour will be in place for all motor vehicle traffic as follows:
From Smith Neck Road to Padanaram Village and points north and east:
• South on Smith Neck Road to the intersection of Smith Neck Road and Rock O’Dundee Road
• West on Rock O’Dundee Road to the intersection of Rock O’Dundee Road and Bakerville Road
• North on Bakerville Road to the intersection of Bakerville Road and Russells Mills Road
• East on Russells Mills Road to the intersection of Russells Mills Road and Elm Street
• South on Elm Street
From Padanaram Village to points west and south of the bridge:
• North on Elm Street to the intersection of Elm Street and Russells Mills Road
• West on Russells Mills Road to the intersection of Russells Mills Road and Bakerville Road
• South on Bakerville Road to the intersection of Bakerville Road and Rock O’Dundee Road
• East on Rock O’Dundee Road to the intersection of Rock O’Dundee Road and Smith Neck Road
• North on Smith Neck Road
The Padanaram Causeway Rehabilitation Project is a town-initiated and town-designed project.
The project is anticipated to be completed in June 2018.
The contractor for the project is John Rocchio Corp. The total contract amount is $8,274,790.95.
Drivers who are traveling through the affected areas should expect delays, reduce speed, and use caution. All scheduled work is weather dependent and/or may be impacted due to an emergency situation.
Click to download the 7/28/16 issue: 07-28-16 OutdoorMovie