The City of Nw Bedford’s Board of Election Commissioners has announced new and changed polling locations ahead of the primary election Sept. 6.
The new locations for voters are the result of redistricting following the 2020 U.S. Census and changes to state legislation last fall. The changes and additions to local polling locations will be effective for all elections, starting with the Sept. 6 primary.
• Newly created sub-precinct WARD 1 PRECINCT A-1 will vote at Normandin Middle School, 81 Felton St., via the Orleans Street entrance.
• WARD 1 PRECINCT B and newly created sub-precinct WARD 1 PRECINCT B-1 will now vote at CareOne New Bedford Nursing Facility, 221 Fitzgerald Drive
• Newly created sub-precinct WARD 1 PRECINCT C-1 will vote at Campbell Elementary School, 145 Essex St., at Phillips Road & Morton Avenue
• Newly created sub-precinct WARD 3 PRECINCT F-1 will vote at Bayberry Apartments, 151 Oakdale St.
• Newly created sub-precinct WARD 4 PRECINCT A-1 will vote at Boa Vista, 134 South Second St.
• WARD 5 PRECINCT A and WARD 5 PRECINCT B will now vote at the Kennedy Donovan Center at 385 County St., due to continuing construction at the Kennedy Youth Center (CYO).
Any New Bedford resident who is uncertain about their voting status or designated polling location; has changed their address since the last election; or has questions about mail-in, absentee, or early voting can call the Board of Election Commissioners at (508) 979-1420.
Early voting for the state primary will take place from Saturday, Aug. 27, through Friday, Sept. 2. In-person early voting will be available from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day on the third floor of the Main Public Library, at 613 Pleasant St. downtown.
The voter registration and change of address deadline is 5 p.m. Saturday, August 27, in the City’s Election Commission Office, Room 114, City Hall, 133 William St. If you have a Massachusetts driver’s license or state ID card, you can register to vote, update your address, and check your registration information online at: www.sec.state.ma.us/ovr/
Click here to download the entire 8/4/22 issue: 08-04-22 QuahogRelay
Support local journalism, donate to the Neighb News with PayPal