By Beth David, Editor
The Thomas Livesey Memorial Club welcomed the public to an open house on Saturday to show off its new building. The club suffered a catastrophic fire last year that completely destroyed the building. Members worked hard to rebuild and to continue the mission of the club, which awarded schol1arships this year, despite the loss.
Established in 1949, the all-male athletic club has played a large role in local sports for 70 years. Programs support a variety of athletic teams, including football and cheerleading, and the club issues awards and scholarships.
At the open house, the public was invited to tour the building, enjoy some grilled hotdogs and burgers, and talk to members. The club is located at 11 Hopkins St., Fairhaven.
Support local journalism, donate to the Neighb News with PayPal.
Click here to download the entire 8/15/19 issue: 08-15-19 LiveseyClub