In response to John Pond’s letter on 4/23/20 (“Thank God” Trump is president), I appreciate your thought that we are all responsible when it comes to COVID19.
Look around you: how many people do you see without a face mask? If you are wearing one: good for you. You are doing better than the fellow in the White House and his VP. They are supposed to set a good example for everybody but they certainly do not. Shame on them.
You also state that you are grateful for a president who is a good business man. Well, I do have a few issues with that statement. Do you know how many times Mr Trump has declared bankruptcy? I do not have an exact number just a few examples:
• Trump Taj Mahal: debt of 3 Billion in 1991
• Trump’s Castle: debt of 338 million in 1992
• Trump Plaza Casinos: debt of 500 million in 1992
• Trump Plaza Hotel: debt of 550 million in 1992
• Trump Hotels and Casinos Resort: debt of 1.8 billion in 2004
• Trump Entertainment Resorts: debt of 1.2 billion in 2009
All filed for bankruptcy. Good business? Mr Trump certainly knows how to short change creditors: you, me and all the taxpayers.
Keep paying your bills in a timely manner, wear your mask and you are on a better track than Mr Trump.
Christiane Denkel, Fairhaven
Support local journalism, donate to the Neighb News with PayPal.
Click here to download the entire 5/7/20 issue: 05-07-20 BreakfastBags
Click here to download the MassDEP letter about PJ Keating: SP PJ Keating Applicability Determination 04282020