Fairhaven Zoning Board of Appeals Public Hearings
Tuesday, April 5, 2022 at 6:00 p.m.
Town Hall Banquet Room, 40 Center Street
Public Hearing In-Person in Banquet Room
or via Zoom
Join Zoom Meeting
or call 1-929-205-6099
Meeting ID: 941 1513 7952
1. CORRESPONDENCE: Owner/Applicant of 108 Sycamore Street requests an extension of the previously granted Variance (granted May 4, 2021), in accordance with MGL, Chapter 40A, Section 10. The owner has requested the Board to consider granting a six (6) month extension.
1. REF#: ZBA-2022-022: 184 Balsam Street. Applicant & Owner: Robert and Karen Sullivan. Applicant seeks a Variance to construct a dock greater than 75 feet in length due to shallowness of docking area pursuant to Fairhaven Zoning Bylaw 198-32.2(3)(a). Continued from December 2, 2021.
2. REF#: ZBA-022-023: 2 Elliot Lane, Map 12, Lots 196-198. Applicant & Owner: Sandra Gifford. Applicant seeks a Special Permit under the Fairhaven Bylaw 198-16, to construct a two-floor addition, for the purpose of an in-law suite of approximately 1,400 square feet. Continued from December 2, 2021.
3. REF#: ZBA-022-008: 5 Billys Way, Map 29A, Lots 185-186. Applicant & Owner: Sharon Simmons. Applicant seeks (1) Variance to construct accessory structure greater than 20 feet in height, pursuant to Fairhaven Zoning Bylaw 198-22 (2) and; (2) Variance to construct accessory structure in the front yard, pursuant to Fairhaven Zoning Bylaw 198-22 (3). Please note: The applicant will need a Variance from the Building Board of Regulations and Standards to construct a detached accessory structure in excess of 100 sq ft in the FEMA Velocity Zone.
4. REF#: ZBA-022-009: 55 Orchard Street, Map 28B, Lots 410 & 411. Applicant & Owner: Despina Moran-Devlin. Applicant seeks (1) an appeal of the Building Commissioner’s Stop Work Order dated 11/15/21 and; (2) a finding from the Board under MGL 40A, Section 6, for expansion of an existing nonconforming use to construct a 22’.8”x 18’.7” carport and 37’.5”x9’.5” deck, and that the additions are not more substantially detrimental than the existing nonconforming use to the neighborhood. Please note: The Board awaits the submittal of an instrument survey from a registered land surveyor to confirm that the proposed setbacks are conforming to the Zoning Bylaw 198-18: Intensity of Use Schedule.
5. REF#: ZBA-022-010: 3 Bass Creek Road, Map 43C, Lots 40-42, Applicant & Owner: Karen Cabral. Applicant seeks a Special Permit for a mobile home stored or occupied on the property, pursuant to Fairhaven Zoning Bylaw 198-28.
6. REF#: ZBA-022-011: 29 Winsegansett Avenue, Map 42A, Lot 148. Applicant: Taylor Bradford. Owner: Henry Bradford III. Applicant seeks a Special Permit for home occupation contractor services, pursuant to Fairhaven Zoning Bylaw 198-23.
7. REF#: ZBA-022-012: 89 Akin Street, Map 30B, Lot 54, Applicant & Owner: Daniel Pounds. Applicant seeks Variance from the minimum rear setback of 30 feet to the 21 feet proposed, for the construction of a single-family home, pursuant to Fairhaven Zoning Bylaw 198-18.
8. REF#: ZBA-022-013: 481 Sconticut Neck Road, Map 29, Lot 27. Applicant: Christopher Saunders. Owner: Antone Arruda. Applicant seeks (1) Variance to create two buildable lots, pursuant to Fairhaven Zoning Bylaw 198-17B, which states no existing lot shall be changed in size or shape, except through a public taking or except where otherwise permitted herein, so as to result in violation of the requirements set forth and; (2) Variance from the minimum required frontage of 140 feet to the 77.5 feet proposed, pursuant to Fairhaven Zoning Bylaw 198-18.
9. REF#: ZBA-022-014: 148 Main Street, Map 12, Lot 12A. Applicant & Owner: Diane Tomassetti. Applicant seeks Special Permit to construct a timber pile supported pier with a gangway and a float, pursuant to Fairhaven Zoning Bylaw 198-32.2.
Peter DeTerra, Chairman, Fairhaven ZBA
FNN: 3/24/22, 3/31/22
Click here to download the entire 3/31/22 issue: 03-31-22 CandNight
Support local journalism, donate to the Neighb News with PayPal