PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
Fairhaven Conservation Commission
Monday, December 12, 2022 at 6:00 p.m.
Fairhaven Town Hall, 40 Center Street
Pursuant to Chapter 22 of the Acts of 2022, these public hearings will be conducted via remote means. Members of the public who wish to access the meeting may do so in the following manner:
or CALL 1-929-205-6099
Meeting ID: 869 5315 5076
No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, and public participation in any public hearing conducted during this meeting shall be by remote means only.
The meeting can also be viewed on Channel 18 or on FairhavenTV.com.
The Fairhaven Conservation Commission will hold the following Public Hearings pursuant to the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act (M.G.L. c. 131, s. 40) and the Code of the Town of Fairhaven Chapter 192, Wetlands:
1. CON 023-327: 90 Raymond Street Request for Determination of Applicability filed by Michael Powis to remove an existing 11’x30’ deteriorating asphalt driveway and replace with an 11’x30’ concrete driveway, located within the footprint of the present driveway, at the property located at 90 Raymond Street, Assessor’s Map 29D, Lot 083. Work to take place within Land Subject to Coastal Storm Flowage, Zone VE-17.
2. CON 023-331: 342 New Boston Road Request for Determination of Applicability filed by Gary Fisher to erect a wire fence within the 0–25-foot Buffer Zone to Bordering Vegetated Wetlands, located at 342 New Boston Road, Assessor’s Map 40, Lot 023.
3. CON 023-328: 58 Fort Street Notice of Intent filed by Sherry Lopes and Donald Wilson to construct a Redi-Rock precast, concrete, block (retaining) seawall, at the property located at 58 Fort Street, Assessor’s Map 5, Lot 15. Work to take place within Land Subject to Coastal Storm Flowage, Zone AE-6, with adjacent Coastal Bank.
4. CON 023-329: 8 Morey Lane Notice of Intent filed by Madeira Construction to construct a single-family dwelling with gravel driveway, and shed in addition to the installation of a propane tank and underground utilities and associated placement of fill, including the alteration and replication of a Bordering Vegetated Wetland (BVW), at the property located at 8 Morey Lane, Assessor’s Map 4, Lot 81.
5. CON 023-330: Rear Arsene Street Notice of Intent filed by Vincent Furtado (Board of Public Works) for various improvements to the Water Pollution Control Facility to replace aging infrastructure and install additional treatment to comply with regulatory nitrogen limits, issued by the EPA and the current NPDES permit requirements, located at Rear Arsene Street, Assessor’s Map 28, Lot 008. The proposed activities are subject to the Town of Fairhaven Wetlands Bylaw, work to impact Bordering Vegetated Wetlands (BVW), 0-25 Foot Buffer Zone, 25–50-foot Buffer Zone, and the 50-100 Foot Buffer Zone Resource Area.
Information regarding remote meeting access, listed above, will also be provided on the Conservation Agenda posted on the Town’s website at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
Copies of the applications listed in this hearing notice may be viewed at the Conservation Office in Town Hall, located at 40 Center Street, Fairhaven, MA.
Geoff Haworth, Chair, Fairhaven Conservation Commission
Click here top download the entire 12/1/22 issue: 12-01-22 Football
Support local journalism, donate to the Neighb News with PayPal