PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
Fairhaven Conservation Commission
Monday, September 19, 2022 at 6:00pm
Fairhaven Town Hall, 40 Center Street
Pursuant to Chapter 22 of the Acts of 2022, these public hearings will be conducted via remote means. Members of the public who wish to access the meeting may do so in the following manner:
or CALL 1-929-205-6099
Meeting ID: 869 5315 5076
No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, and public participation in any public hearing conducted during this meeting shall be by remote means only.
The meeting can also be viewed on Channel 18 or on FairhavenTV.com.
The Fairhaven Conservation Commission will hold the following Public Hearings pursuant to the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act (M.G.L. c. 131, s. 40) and the Code of the Town of Fairhaven Chapter 192, Wetlands:
1. CON 023-303: 43 Reservation Road Request for Determination of Applicability filed by Natalie Caetano to resurface a driveway with cement and establish circular sitting area in lawn located at Map 29A, Lot 351. Work to take place in the Flood Zone (VE) and Buffer Zones of both Coastal Dune and Bordering Vegetated Wetland.
2. CON 023-303: 685 Sconticut Neck Road Request for Determination of Applicability filed by Steven Koczera to replace a driveway with 6-inch concrete located at Map 42, Lot 014B. Work to take place in Flood Zone (VE) and Buffer Zone of Bordering Vegetated Wetland.
3. SE 023-1393, CON 023-304: 2 Melpen Way (formerly 10 Windward Way) Notice of Intent filed by Andrew & Cheryl Shackett for razing an existing dwelling and constructing a new residence on a flood-compliant foundation with a septic system, utilities, and associated site work located at Map 29, Lot 2D. Work to take place within the Flood Zone (VE), Salt Marsh, Coastal Dunes, and Land Subject to Coastal Storm Flowage and Buffer Zones of Bordering Vegetated Wetland and Coastal Beach.
4. SE 023-1382, CON 023-305: 8 Winslow Court Amended Order of Conditions filed by Thomas Marshall to construct and maintain a pier, ramp, and float system located at 8 Winslow Court, Map 12, Lot 010. Work to take place within Land Under Ocean, Coastal Beach, Land Subject to Coastal Storm Flowage, and Land Containing Shellfish.
5. SE 023-1296, CON 023-307: 1-8 Alves Way Request for an Amended Order of Conditions filed by Alexander Gray Development, LLC for the following modifications located at 1-8 Alves Way, Assessor’s Map 28, Lots 1-8: (1) sump-pumps are being installed which tie into the roof leaders; (2) front and rear yard elevations have been raised as much as two feet for lots 4, 5, and 6; (3) Stone boulder walls have been installed throughout the site, including access to road and wetland replication areas (located on lots 4, 5, 6, and 7) and; (4) installed irrigation system for the lawn. Work took take place in a Bordering Vegetated Wetland and its 100-foot buffer zone.
Information regarding remote meeting access, listed above, will also be provided on the Conservation Agenda posted on the Town’s website at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
Copies of the applications listed in this hearing notice may be viewed at the Conservation Office in Town Hall, located at 40 Center Street, Fairhaven, MA.
Geoff Haworth, Chair, Fairhaven Conservation Commission
Click here to download the entire 9/8/22 issue: 09-08-22 OLOA Feast
Support local journalism, donate to the Neighb News with PayPal