Acushnet Planning Commission
Notice of Public Hearing
Notice is hereby given, the Acushnet Planning Commission will be holding the following public hearings via Zoom Meetings on May 10, 2021.
1) 10:05 a.m. – Proposal to amend Acushnet General Bylaws of Zoning Article VIII, Section 7, Flood Plain Overlay District as follows:
a. Replacing Section 7.2 with Floodplain District Boundaries and Floodplain Requirements
b. Amending Section 7.2 A by replacing the existing Bristol County Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRM) with new data effective 07/01/2021
c. Adding a new section 7.3 “Definitions”
2) 10:10 a.m. – Proposal to amend Acushnet General Bylaws of Zoning Article VIII, 3.3.C. 14 as follows:
a. Add Section “A” to include subsection numbers 1 through 8;
b. Change the wording of “A’ (8) to read:
No common driveway shall be constructed within seventy-five feet (75”) of any principal or accessory structure existing or to be served thereby.
c. Replace subsection number 9 with a section “B” to read as follows:
All principal and accessory structures shall be serviced by a driveway that is located within one hundred fifty feet (150”) of those structures and which driveway must meet the minimum construction standards herein specified.
3) 10:15a.m. – Proposal to amend Acushnet General Bylaws of Zoning Article VIII, by adding a subsection “H” to Section 3.3.1 and Section 3.3.2 and adding a Section “I” to 3.3.4 as follows:
No material or supplies shall be stored or permitted to remain on any portion of the property outside of a building constructed thereon. Any finished products or semi-finished products stored on the property outside of the building shall be confined to the rear half of the property and shall be appropriately screened on all sides, but shall in no instance be placed on that side of a building paralleling an existing or proposed street. No waste material or refuse shall be dumped upon or permitted to remain upon any part of said property outside of a building constructed thereon.
4) 10:20 a.m. – Proposal to amend Acushnet General Bylaws of Zoning Article VIII, Section 3.3.4 Subsection “E” by deleting subsection (6) and (7) and adding in their place the following section to read as follows:
Section 3.3.4 “E” (6) UPLAND CIRCLE: No dwelling, building or structure, having permitted use in any district, shall be erected on a lot unless the lot has an area within its bounds which encompasses an upland circle with a minimum diameter equal to 90% of the required frontage and within which the frontage, or a distance equal to the frontage at the front yard setback line, must pass.
5) 10:25 a.m. – Proposal to amend Acushnet General Bylaws of Zoning Article VIII, Section 3.3.1 by eliminating subsection (13) Light Manufacturing, and renumbering those items which follow.
6) 10:30 a.m. – Proposal to amend Acushnet General Bylaws of Zoning Article VIII, Section 1.2 Definitions for “Street” or “Way” as follows:
STREET OR WAY – A public way, a private way shown on a plan approved under the provisions of the Subdivision Control Law, or a private way in existence when the provisions of the Subdivision Control Law became effective in Town, having, in the opinion of the Town’s Planning Board, suitable grades and adequate construction to serve the proposed use of land abutting thereon or served thereby and for the installation of municipal services to serve such land and the building erected or to be erected thereon, having a minimum pavement width of twenty-two (22) feet and a minimum layout width of thirty (30) feet.
7) 10:35 a.m. – Proposal to amend Stormwater Review Board Regulations and Stormwater Bylaw
The full text of each of the afore mentioned proposed additions or amendments are available at the Town Clerk’s office at the Parting Ways bldg., 130 Main St., during regularly scheduled business hours and are expected to appear on the May 10, 2021 Annual Town Meeting Warrant.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 839 5221 2774
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,83952212774#,,,,*152713# US (Chicago)
+16465588656,,83952212774#,,,,*152713# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 839 5221 2774
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kch5hta5cw
Marc Cenerizio, Chairman
FNN: 4/29/21, 5/6/21
Support local journalism, donate to the Neighb News with PayPal.
Click here to download the entire 4/29/21 issue: 04-29-21 Swans