MassDOT Advisory: Acushnet
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) is announcing it will begin work on the Hamlin Street Bridge located over the Acushnet River in Acushnet. The work will begin on Monday, January 9, 2023, and is anticipated to be completed by September 2025. The scheduled work will include the complete replacement of the Hamlin Street Bridge over the Acushnet River and a nearby culvert.
The bridge will be closed on January 9, and a detour will be implemented for the duration of construction. The detour will be as follows:
Traffic originating from the east side of the bridge:
• Continue southbound on Main Street.
• Follow to the intersection of Tarklin Hill Road and Belleville Avenue in New Bedford.
• Take a right onto Belleville Avenue.
• Follow Belleville Avenue to Middle Road.
• Take a right onto Middle Road into Acushnet and follow to Hamlin Street.
Traffic originating from the west side of the bridge:
• Continue southbound on Middle Rd to Belleville Ave, in New Bedford.
• Take a left onto Belleville Avenue and follow to the intersection with Tarklin Hill Road.
• Take a left onto Tarkiln Hill Road to Main Street in Acushnet.
• Continue on Main Street to Hamlin Street.
For information on traffic conditions, travelers are encouraged to:
• Dial 511 before heading out onto the roadways and select a route to hear real-time conditions.
• Visit www.mass511.com, a website which provides real-time traffic and incident advisory information, access to traffic cameras, and allows users to subscribe to text and email alerts for traffic conditions.
• Follow MassDOT on Twitter @MassDOT to receive regular updates on road and traffic conditions.
• Download MassDOT’s GoTime mobile app and view real-time traffic conditions before setting out on the road.
Click here to download the entire 1/5/23 issue: 01-05-23 Plunge
Support local journalism, donate to the Neighb News with PayPal