The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) is announcing that the week of October 18, crews will begin converting all exit numbers in Massachusetts on specific roadways to a milepost-based numbering system, per Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) requirements. Work will typically be completed during the overnight hours and the contractors are required to complete the full interchange before moving along to the next exit.
The following corridor will begin to have milepost signs installed:
• Route 140 between Taunton and New Bedford. Overnight hour work, from 8:00 p.m. each night until 5:00 a.m. the following day, starting Sunday, October 18
The installation of the new mileage-based exit signs will begin in Taunton and end in New Bedford. After the week of October 18, crews will go corridor by corridor in the state also installing new exit signs.
• The contractor will move to the I-195 corridor after completion of Route 140. The complete schedule has not been confirmed beyond the Route 140 and I-195 corridors.
MassDOT will install “old exit #” signs at key locations for a minimum of two years.
For up to date information on the project please visit the project’s website at www.NewMassExits.com.
For more information on traffic conditions, travelers are encouraged to:
• Dial 511 before heading out onto the roadways and select a route to hear real-time conditions.
• Visit www.mass511.com, a website that provides real-time traffic and incident advisory information, access to traffic cameras, and allows users to subscribe to text and email alerts for traffic conditions.
• Follow MassDOT on Twitter @MassDOT to receive regular updates on road and traffic conditions.
• Download MassDOT’s GoTime mobile app and view real-time traffic conditions before setting out on the road.
• Washburn St. (EB) exit 16 is not #27
• Exit 18, Fairhaven/Jct. Rte. 240 is now #29
• Exit 19A/B Mattapoisett/North St. is now #31A/B
• Exit 20, Marion/Rte. 105 is now #35
• Exit 21, Jct. Rte 28 is now #39
• Exit 17 (WB) Coggeshall Street is now #28
• Exit 15 Weld Square/Rte. 18 is #26
• Exits 13A/B Jct. Rte 140 are 24 A/B
• Exits 12 A/B Faunce Corner Road (WB) are now 22 A/B.
• Exit 12 (EB) Faunce Corner Road is now #22.
For all the exits on Rte. 195 visit https://www.newmassexits.com/i-195-corridor
• Exit 1 (Rte. 6) through 7 (Braley Road) are the same.
• Exit 8/Chace Road is now #10
• Exit 9/County Road is now #12
• Exit 10/Jct. Rte. 79 is now #16.
• Exit 11 (NB) Stevens St./County St., is now #19.
• Exit 11 A/B (SB) Stevens St./County St., is now 19A/B
• Exit 12A/B Jct. Rte. 24 is now 20 A/B
For all the exits on Rte. 140 visit https://www.newmassexits.com/route-140-and-i-295
For the exits on Route 24 visit https://www.newmassexits.com/route-24-and-25
Support local journalism, donate to the Neighb News with PayPal.
Click here to download the entire 10/29/20 issue: 10-29-20 Foliage