The Town of Fairhaven Christmas Tree Pickup is January 10–13, one day after your regular rubbish day.
Please place trees curbside by 7:00 a.m. on day of pick up and be sure to remove all ornaments and tinsel. Also, please DO NOT place tree in plastic bag.
Missed trees may be dropped off at the gate at the Recycle Center located at 5 Arsene Street in town.
The Greater New Bedford Regional Refuse Management District has offered recycling tips for New Bedford residents to ensure holiday waste ends up in the correct container.
• Cardboard: Empty, flattened boxes can be placed in the recycling bin including boxes from online shopping, gift boxes, and empty pizza boxes. Pizza boxes with grease can still be recycled. Boxes that are too large for recycling carts can be taken to the Recycling Center, 1103 Shawmut Ave.
• Empty bottles, cans, jugs, jars, paper, catalogs: Place in recycling bin. Greeting cards without metallic inks, foil, batteries, or glitter can also be recycled.
• Wrapping paper, bows, ribbon: Not recyclable.
• Styrofoam blocks and string lights: Drop off at the Recycling Center – not in curbside recycling carts.
Curbside Christmas Tree Collection
Harvey Waste & Recycling Services will pick up real Christmas trees from January 9th to January 13th. During this week only, residents may place trees at the curb by 7 a.m. the weekday after trash and recycling collection. If your trash is usually collected on Friday, Christmas trees will only be collected on your route on Monday, January 9th. Please remove all ornaments, stands, lights, and tinsel. Do not place trees in plastic bags. Property owners may be issued a violation notice if trees are placed at the curb any other time or without decorations removed.
Christmas Tree Drop-Off
Christmas trees can be brought to the following locations:
• E Rodney French Blvd., beach parking lot, between Hudson St and Seymour St until January 13th
• Brooklawn Park, near Pony League Field at Irvington St until Jan. 13th.
• Recycling Center, 1103 Shawmut Ave., open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 12:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m. and Saturday, 7:30 a.m.–3 p.m.
For additional tips, please visit New Bedford Recycling on Facebook and Instagram or follow @NBRecycling on Twitter. For questions, please call the Department of Facilities & Fleet Management at 508-961-3008 or email trash and email@example.com
Click here to download the entire 1/5/23 issue: 01-05-23 Plunge
Support local journalism, donate to the Neighb News with PayPal