The following events will be held at the Millicent Library, 45 Center St., Fairhaven, in the Library Auditorium, Walnut Street entrance. Accessible. To register, call the library at 508-992-5342, or email Jane Murphy (firstname.lastname@example.org). Visit http://www.millicentlibrary.org/
• Wed., 7/6: Dance with Kay Hanley Alden, who returns to teach a patriotic dance and movement class with American music, flags, and ribbons. We’ll march and dance and improve confidence, balance and–most of all–have fun. The first group is for 3-5 year olds from 9:30-10, and the second is for ages 6 and up from 10:30-11:15 a.m. downstairs. Space is limited, so registration is required!! Thursday, • Thurs., 7/7: Tie Dye with Dr. Dills! 10 a.m. until noon. We’ll meet across the street on the Unitarian Church lawn. Bring a pre-washed white cotton item to dye or you may purchase from Dr. Dills. Age 3 and up with supervision. No registration required.
• Fri., 7/8: Daisy D. Dots World of Clowning! 10 a.m. until 11:30. Daisy returns to teach children ages 4 and up all about clowns and what they do. Registration is required!!
• Wed., 7/13: Butterfly program with Jerry Schneider, who returns to teach about butterflies and share a craft. We’ll make butterfly stenciled T-shirts. We’ll start inside at 10:30 and move across the street to the Unitarian Church Lawn to make our shirts. Funded by the Friends of the Millicent Library. Please register with Ms. Jane.
• Thurs., 7/14: Bottle Rockets with Dr. Toby Dills. 10 a.m. We’ll start making our rockets downstairs and then go outside to launch them on the Unitarian Church lawn. Please bring at least TWO 2-liter soda bottles (and more to share). Age 3 and up with supervision. No registration required.
• Fri., 7/15: Tales from the Talespinner with Dr. Toby Dills! Downstairs at 10:30! Slightly scary stories for age 3 and up.
• Wed., 7/20: Fire Department Fun! The Fairhaven Fire Department returns to teach us about Fire Safety before turning on the firehose. Be sure to wear your bathing suit. 10-11 a.m. on the Walnut Street side of the library, Unitarian Church lawn. All ages.
The Summer Reading program is sponsored by your local library, the Mass. Library System, the Boston Bruins, and the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners.
Click to download the 6/30/16 issue: 06-30-16 issueHomecoming